Apple supplier hints that AR glasses might come sooner than we think
Augmented reality (AR) will play a big part in Apple’s future going forward. Tim Cook has hinted as much in previous years, long before Apple released the first AR experiences on the iPhone and iPad. ARKit allows developers to create AR apps for Apple’s devices, and we’ve seen some great concepts.
However, using the iPhone alone might not be enough to enjoy AR, which is probably why Apple is working on AR glasses of its own. According to reports, such a product will be launched in 2019 or 2020. And it looks like Apple partners are already preparing for Apple’s AR future.
BGR Top Deals:
- If you own a Roku or a Fire TV, you need this brilliant $25 accessory
- Today’s best deals: TV backlight kit, Bose soundbar, fast wireless charger, LED headlight kit, more
Trending Right Now:
- The full list of 34 new Netflix original shows and movies debuting in December
- Scientists reveal the most complete skeleton of a 3.6 million year old human ancestor ever found
- Why did NASA’s rover just find a cannonball on Mars?
Apple supplier hints that AR glasses might come sooner than we think originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 6 Dec 2017 at 15:37:06 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.