Apple stores are overrun with customers wanting cheap battery replacements
In order to placate the litigious masses calling for Tim Cook's head over the iPhone battery slowdown feature, Apple recently decided to slash the cost of its iPhone battery replacement program. Getting a new battery installed at the Apple now costs $29, rather than $79, and it seems like people are taking full advantage.
Wait times for a Genius Bar appointment have spiked to several days or weeks, according to Apple's online scheduling tool. Genius Bar appointments are normally available within 48 hours, so this kind of consistent increase in wait times, across stores in different cities, would seem to point to a trend. Users on Twitter have also been complaining of no available appointments, or huge queues at the Apple Store when they do show up for a scheduled appointment.
BGR Top Deals:
- These $24 wireless earbuds sound better than $159 AirPods for one main reason
- Samsung’s insanely good convertible wireless charger dropped to its lowest price ever on Amazon
Trending Right Now:
- The Vikings-Saints game was so crazy, Apple Watches told fans they might be having heart issues
- Viral video supposedly shows a UFO hovering in the sky over Mexico
- Everyone is obsessed with a new Google app that uses selfies to find your fine art look-alike
Apple stores are overrun with customers wanting cheap battery replacements originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 15 Jan 2018 at 16:46:24 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.