Apple Seeds iOS 9.2 Beta 1 To Developers
Apple has released the first beta version for iOS 9.2. The brand new beta, which is available through Apple’s developer center, comes with a build number of 13C5055d.
Apple has released the new version of iOS 9.2 beta 1. This time, the company included an SDK Release Note with the beta, which describes the upgrades and new features. Furthermore, this beta focused mainly on the new iOS 9 tech, Safari View Controller, making it more like standalone Safari. You can check out the new changes that Apple noted below.
Here’s what’s new in iOS 9.2 beta 1 Change log:
- SFSafariViewController now supports 3rd party Action Extensions. Any Action Extension that works in Safari will also work in SFSafariViewController.
- Long tapping the Reload button in Safari View Controller now gives options to Reload Without Content Blockers and Request Desktop Site, like in Safari.
- iOS 9.2 Beta 1 resolves an issue where WebApps saved to the home screen would not respect the apple-mobile-web-app-status-bar-style meta tag.
- Safari View Controller is the new technology in iOS 9 that allows apps to invoke an in-app browser
- based on Safari, instead of forcing developers to deploy their own custom browsers whenever an app needs to invoke a web view.
Safari View Controller adds numerous benefits, this includes being able to access already saved logins, access autofill items, and iCloud Keychain. In other words, it is basically a mini-Safari browser that you can call directly from any app that supports it.
In iOS 9.2 beta 1, Safari View Controller is now more closely centered or aligned with Safari. This means it can access the reload menu to reload pages without content blockers, and can access the desktop version of websites.
For more information on iOS 9.2 beta 1, you can visit Apple’s developer center.
Source info: developer.apple.com
Come comment on this article: Apple Seeds iOS 9.2 Beta 1 To Developers