Over the weekend, Apple took the unusual step of rushing iOS 11.2 out the door ahead of schedule, so that users could avoid a bug that was causing some iPhones to crash on December 2nd.
Because the software update was rolled out ahead of schedule, the biggest new feature in it -- Apple Pay Cash, the new peer-to-peer payments system -- wasn't enabled yet. But someone clearly rolled into the office and flicked a switch this morning, because Apple Pay Cash appears to be live for anyone running iOS 11.2 in the US right now.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today’s best deals: Best-selling soundbar, Philips Hue, Sonos speakers, Christmas lasers, more
- There’s one area Apple didn’t improve on the iPhone X, but you can work around it for $25
Trending Right Now:
- The Galaxy S9 wants to be an even better desktop computer than its predecessor
- Samsung needed 8 months to figure out there are no Microsoft Edition Galaxy phones
- 10 best new movies and shows coming to Netflix in December