Apple outperformed nearly every PC maker in 2017 as Mac sales remain steady
In just about three weeks, Apple will release its earnings report for the recent holiday quarter. Naturally, most analysts will be preoccupied with iPhone sales, which is hardly a surprise given that the iPhone has long accounted for the vast majority of Apple's revenue. Beyond the iPhone, though, it will be interesting to see how Mac sales stack up for the quarter, especially given that Mac sales haven't increased significantly in recent memory.
Ahead of Apple's official earnings report, new research data from both IDC and Gartner (via MacRumors) suggests that Mac sales for the quarter gone by increased by a modest amount compared to the year-ago quarter. Specifically, IDC and Gartner anticipate Mac sales to check in at 5.4 and 5.7 million units, respectively. By way of contrast, Mac sales during the 2016 holiday quarter checked in at 5.3 million units.
BGR Top Deals:
- Upgrade the sound on any TV with this $50 sound bar
- Our favorite AirPods rivals dropped to their lowest price ever, this weekend only
Trending Right Now:
- This is how Sprint is planning to improve its cell service next year
- Please don’t buy this wireless iPhone charger, Lightning input or not
- Famed investor Warren Buffet thinks all cryptocurrencies will have a ‘bad ending’
Apple outperformed nearly every PC maker in 2017 as Mac sales remain steady originally appeared on BGR.com on Sun, 14 Jan 2018 at 12:00:30 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.