Apple now faces more than 30 class-action lawsuits for slowing down iPhones
Apple’s legal troubles continue to mount as more iPhone owners are joining class actions against the company or filing new ones. Apple decided about a year ago it would be perfectly okay to slow down iPhones with chemically aged batteries to prevent them from shutting down, but it failed to inform users of what was happening.
There are now 32 class action suits against Apple, according to one report, and that’s on top of government investigations that Apple will have to face in some countries.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today’s top deals: $12 Alexa smart bulb, Nest Thermostat, Sony soundbar, perfect egg cooker, more
- 8 paid iPhone apps on sale for free right now
Trending Right Now:
- Another new feature was just confirmed for the Galaxy S9
- Researchers discover bizarre ‘Hypatia’ stone is made from material not found in our Solar System
- This iPhone X deal is too good to turn down, T-Mobile customer or not
Apple now faces more than 30 class-action lawsuits for slowing down iPhones originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 11 Jan 2018 at 15:28:56 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.