Apple might release a cheaper 6.1-inch iPhone without the iPhone X’s killer feature
We're hardly two months out from the launch of the iPhone X, but rumors for this year's iPhones have already begun to swirl. In addition to an updated 5.8-inch iPhone X and a 6.5-inch "iPhone X Plus" with an edgeless OLED display, it has been reported that Apple will also release a 6.1-inch iPhone with an LCD display at a lower price -- a follow-up of sorts to the iPhone SE (but with some of the upgraded specs and features of the X line).
Earlier today, we covered a note from KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo which suggests that the new LCD iPhone will be the first iPhone since 2015 (other than the iPhone SE) not to feature 3D Touch. Now, just hours later, another report about the 2018 LCD iPhone has been spotted, this one regarding the display.
BGR Top Deals:
- $28 power strip has four outlets that can be controlled individually with Alexa
- Today’s top deals: $19 waterproof Bluetooth speaker, $30 food processor, $22 headphones, iMac, more
Trending Right Now:
- Galaxy S9’s biggest hardware change shown in new leaked photos
- Apple reportedly plans to discontinue the first-gen iPhone X later this year
- 2018’s most unique Android phone is still hiding one big secret
Apple might release a cheaper 6.1-inch iPhone without the iPhone X’s killer feature originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 23 Jan 2018 at 16:36:17 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.