Apple might not be making a self-driving car, but it sure is interested in autonomous tech
As one of the most secretive tech companies out there, Apple rarely reveals any details regarding hardware or software products that may be in development. But the company last week quietly disclosed self-driving car research that proves not only that Apple is interested in this field, but that it may have solutions to improve various aspects of it.
The paper details technology that can be used by existing self-driving cars equipped with LiDAR (Light Detection and Ranging) technology for mapping their surroundings to better detect obstacles, including pedestrians and cyclists.
BGR Top Deals:
- Nest’s big Black Friday sale just kicked off on Amazon
- Amazon’s huge Black Friday Bose sale is already going strong
Trending Right Now:
- 34 new Netflix original shows and movies will debut in December – here’s the full list
- Best Black Friday 2017 sales you can shop right now: Walmart, Best Buy, Amazon, more
- Something very weird is happening on Saturn’s moon Titan
Apple might not be making a self-driving car, but it sure is interested in autonomous tech originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 22 Nov 2017 at 21:01:52 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.