After years of declining sales, Apple's iPad lineup finally saw a return to growth this year. During the company's June quarter, Apple saw year-over-year revenue and profits from its iPad lineup jump by 6% and 12%, respectively. During the more recent September quarter, iPad sales increased by 11% compared to the year-ago quarter. A modest increase, to be sure, but still a step in the right direction following quarter after quarter of declining sales.
Looking to build upon that momentum, rumor has it that Apple is thinking about releasing a more affordable version of its current 9.7-inch iPad model sometime in 2018. Originally brought to light by Digitimes, the rumored iPad may be about $70 cheaper than the current model which retails for $329.
BGR Top Deals:
- How to give your Fire TV or Chromecast a huge speed boost for just $18
- Today’s top deals: Bose headphones, Call of Duty: WWII, Echo Dot, waterproof wireless speaker, more
Trending Right Now:
- This incredibly gorgeous photo of Jupiter will mesmerize you
- Brilliant moron uses empty snack bags to block his employer’s GPS tracking, gets fired anyway
- How to watch the supermoon this weekend
Apple may release a new 9.7-inch iPad for less than $300 originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 1 Dec 2017 at 20:00:07 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.