Amid reports that Apple is planning to drastically scale back iPhone X production next quarter, the company later this week may very well post its most impressive earnings report in history. We'll get a handle on specific figures at the close of trading on Thursday, but in the interim, the consensus on Wall St. is that Apple will post revenue of about $87 billion and EPS in the $3.83 range. If Apple should come anywhere close to meeting those figures -- and there's no reason to believe it won't -- it will easily mark the most successful quarter in company history.
By way of comparison, Apple during the same quarter a year-ago posted $78.4 billion in quarterly revenue and overall earnings of $3.36. Incidentally, the $78.4 billion figure still stands as Apple's most successful quarter to date. And with Apple last quarter providing revenue guidance in the $84 billion to $87 billion range, it's a safe bet that Apple during the most recent holiday quarter shattered a number of records.
BGR Top Deals:
- This $40 box is the best way to get back at your cable company for overcharging you
- I finally ditched my AirPods for these $24 wireless earbuds
Trending Right Now:
- Why can’t iPhone owners just accept the fact that Google can save them?
- Forget the Galaxy S9, an outrageous new Android flagship might be in the works
- Today’s top deals: Ring Video Doorbell 2, All-new Fire TV, $26 home cam with free cloud storage, more
Apple likely to post a record-setting $84 billion in quarterly revenue for Q4 2017 originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 30 Jan 2018 at 19:23:42 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.