Apple recently acquired a podcast search company called Pop Up Archive, according to a new report from Nieman Lab. Apple, per usual, didn't have much to say on the report, save for its standard boiler-plate statement that it "buys smaller technology companies from time to time."
Though podcasting may have started out as something of a niche endeavor, it's held a dominant spot in the mainstream for quite a few years now. These days, the selection of podcasts available across a multitude of genres is truly mind-boggling. In turn, keeping up to date with your own podcast subscriptions can be challenging. And if you ever find yourself looking for a specific audio snippet from a podcast you listened to ages ago, or even a particular episode, well, you know just how frustrating that can be.
BGR Top Deals:
- Amazon’s 2 best-selling Black Friday deals were just bundled together at a deep discount
- The best-selling iPhone X case on Amazon only costs $12 right now
Trending Right Now:
- Why did NASA’s rover just find a cannonball on Mars?
- Purported Galaxy S9 specs sheet listed in sketchy leak
- Apple has started selling an unlocked iPhone X from its online store
Apple just acquired a podcast search engine that could change the way you find podcasts originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 5 Dec 2017 at 14:02:51 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.