Apple is trying to figure out why its repair center is making hundreds of 911 calls
Emergency dispatchers have an incredibly important and stressful job, which is made infinitely more difficult when the calls they receive turn out to be false alarms. Dispatchers in Elk Grove and Sacramento, California have been dealing with hundreds of false alarms over the past few months, but it's not a malicious prank or an unfortunate coincidence.
The source of the calls is in fact an Apple repair and refurbishing facility in Elk Grove.
BGR Top Deals:
- Apple’s $200 AirPower will supposedly launch next month, but this $36 model is available now
- Three pairs of truly wireless earbuds to consider instead of AirPods
Trending Right Now:
- Google teases new Android devices that might have an advantage over the Galaxy S9
- NASA captures Jupiter’s south pole as you’ve never seen it before
- The new video of Boston Dynamics’ robot dog is even more horrifying than the first one
Apple is trying to figure out why its repair center is making hundreds of 911 calls originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 23 Feb 2018 at 14:56:57 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.