Apple inks new TV deal with the writers of ‘The Big Sick’
Apple may never be able to outshine Netflix when it comes to original content, but the Cupertino-based company has made a number of interesting moves in recent months to significantly bolster its lineup of new TV shows. So while Apple's early efforts in the TV space were completely forgettable (Carpool Karaoke), if not downright laughable (Planet of the Apps), Apple has slowly but surely amassed a stable of content that, dare we say, looks incredibly intriguing.
Apple's latest TV score is a new anthology series from Kumail Nanjiani and Emily V. Gordon, the masterminds behind the incredibly funny and award-winning movie The Big Sick. Dubbed Little America, viewers can expect to see an interesting look at the immigrant experience from a variety of vantage points.
BGR Top Deals:
- This slow cooker is eight kitchen devices in one, and it’s only $80 on Amazon
- Amazon sale saves you up to $50 on popular Fitbit bands like the Ionic, Blaze, and Charge 2
Trending Right Now:
- Secret code from the iPhone was posted to Github in the ‘biggest leak in history’
- Did the Air Force bomb the SpaceX rocket that fell into the sea?
- We take it back: Samsung’s Galaxy S9 looks gorgeous
Apple inks new TV deal with the writers of ‘The Big Sick’ originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 8 Feb 2018 at 21:30:50 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.