Apple did reportedly attend CES 2018 — to meet with AR glasses suppliers
Apple has long been rumored to be working on AR glasses, but CEO Tim Cook and others have repeatedly denied that anything is in the works. While that may still be the case, it appears the company's interest in augmented reality -- which Tim Cook has claimed will "change the way we use technology forever" -- hasn't subsided, as Bloomberg reports that the company was in attendance at CES 2018 talking to suppliers of components for AR glasses.
Apple wasn't the only one holding these discussions, as Google, Facebook and Snap were all spotted as well, but it is the only company of the group that hasn't launched a head-mounted display. Google has Daydream View, Facebook acquired Oculus in 2014 and Snap tried and failed to breach the market with Spectacles two years ago.
BGR Top Deals:
- The Nest Thermostat pays for itself even faster now that it’s discounted on Amazon
- For $25, your car can have the same cool tech found in $100,000 luxury cars
Trending Right Now:
- Samsung’s most exciting phone in years is ‘almost finished’ but nowhere near ready to launch
- ‘Assassin’ spiders impale their victims on a venomous pike, then watch as they die
- Best Buy’s 2 Day Sale features great deals on laptops, TVs, headphones and more
Apple did reportedly attend CES 2018 — to meet with AR glasses suppliers originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 12 Jan 2018 at 18:16:33 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.