Apple confirms that iOS 11 is already installed on 65% of iPhones and iPads
While the numbers surrounding iOS 11 adoption haven't been as impressive as what we saw last year with iOS 10, Apple's next-gen mobile operating system continues to pick up steam with each passing week. According to updated data posted to Apple's developer page earlier today, 65% of all iOS devices are currently running an iteration of iOS 11. All in all, that's not too shabby for an OS that was released just four short months ago. At the same time, 28% of iPhones and iPads are running iOS 10 while 7% of iOS devices are running iOS 9 or something even older.
What makes iOS 11 adoption all the more impressive is that the vast majority of Android users are still running iterations of Android that are many years old. According to Android's developer dashboard, only 0.7% of Android users are currently running Oreo. What's more, 73% of all Android devices are either running Marshmallow (which dates back to 2015) or an even earlier version of Android.
BGR Top Deals:
- How to cut the cord without losing live network TV or your DVR
- $26 device uses your phone to beam holographic navigation onto your car’s dash
Trending Right Now:
- The Galaxy S9’s main specs detailed in extensive new report
- Watch a rocket booster nearly destroy a Chinese village when it falls to Earth and explodes
- iPhone X may be discontinued this year
Apple confirms that iOS 11 is already installed on 65% of iPhones and iPads originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 19 Jan 2018 at 19:11:19 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.