Apple recently acquired buddybuild, a Canadian based startup with tools and technology that makes it easier for developers to iterate and test apps quickly. Word of the acquisition was originally noted via a buddybuild blogpost, with Apple confirming the acquisition to TechCrunch shortly thereafter.
With the acquisition finalized, buddybuild's team will be joining Apple's Xcode engineering group where they will work on building tools for iOS developers. Incidentally, the company writes that the team (which is said to fall in the 40 range) will remain stationed in Vancouver. Notably, Apple in recent years has become more lax with respect to letting acquisition targets continue their work outside of the company's Cupertino campus.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today’s top deals: $139 Sonos Play:1, Bose sound bar, Fire TV QWERTY keyboard, Soylent sale, more
- These $24 wireless earbuds sound better than $159 AirPods
Trending Right Now:
- Researchers just accidentally found an effective Alzheimer’s treatment while trying to cure diabetes
- Forget the ‘boring’ Galaxy S9, there’s a cheaper alternative available right now
- Niagara Falls is coated in ice and looks absolutely insane right now
Apple acquires buddybuild, a Canadian startup that will make life easier for iOS developers originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 2 Jan 2018 at 15:48:29 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.