Another report says Apple’s HomePod sales have been disappointing
Late last night, Bloomberg's Apple-watcher Mark Gurman reported that HomePod sales have been well under expectations, and Apple has had to cut production as stock piles up in stores. Early this morning, the China Times followed up with a similar story with a very similar message: The HomePod is in trouble.
According to the China Times, Apple has cut HomePod production from 500,000 units per month in the first quarter to just 200,000 units per month in the second quarter. Some reduction in production is always to be expected, especially for an Apple product that's been extensively teased in advance, but this kind of falloff suggests that Apple badly miscalculated something.
BGR Top Deals:
- This little $35 box will always be your cable company’s worst nightmare
- Amazon sale slashes more than $100 off the best Chromebook on the planet
Trending Right Now:
- Galaxy S9 owners are complaining about a big problem with the phone’s best feature
- NASA’s 3D flyover of Jupiter’s North Pole is absolutely terrifying
- New study has a theory for why we haven’t found aliens yet, and it makes a whole lot of sense
Another report says Apple’s HomePod sales have been disappointing originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 12 Apr 2018 at 20:00:17 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.