Android Pie makes it impossible to record calls with third-party apps
Having only launched a week ago, Android users are still figuring out all the changes and quirks introduced in the 9.0 Pie update. For example, just yesterday PiunikaWeb reported that third-party call recording apps will no longer work in Android 9.0, and multiple app developers are telling their users as much.
As PiunikaWeb explains, there was once an official call recording API in the mobile OS, but it was removed in Android 6.0 Marshmallow. That's when third-party developers began releasing their own solutions, but nearly three years later, it appears that Google is putting an end to call recording once and for all. Unless there is a new official solution from Google around the corner, the only way to record calls on an Android now is to root it first.
BGR Top Deals:
- $25 is all it takes to get a mosquito repellent that actually works
- Aukey just released new earbuds that give you 1 hour of playback with just a 15-minute charge
Trending Right Now:
- Apple may have found a brilliant way to bring fingerprint sensors back to all-screen iPhones
- Everyone who died in ‘Infinity War’ and everyone confirmed to come back to life in ‘Avengers 4’
- Blood pressure medication recalled because it gives you cancer instead
Android Pie makes it impossible to record calls with third-party apps originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 15 Aug 2018 at 17:56:03 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.