Soon after the Pixel 2 phones were unveiled in early October, Google revealed that the phones have a dormant feature that was not ready for mass consumption at launch. The Pixel Visual Core is Google’s custom co-processor meant to improve image processing and machine learning features on the device. At the time, Google said the chip will be enabled via a software update in the near future.
That day has finally come. Android 8.1 Oreo is available for download on compatible Pixel and Nexus devices. In addition to enabling the Pixel Visual Core, the Android 8.1 update brings over a slew of improvements and other features.
BGR Top Deals:
- Amazon’s 2 best-selling Black Friday deals were just bundled together at a deep discount
- These Amazon best-sellers convert any car’s headlights to LEDs for just $25
Trending Right Now:
- Why did NASA’s rover just find a cannonball on Mars?
- Purported Galaxy S9 specs sheet listed in sketchy leak
- Apple has started selling an unlocked iPhone X from its online store
Android 8.1 makes the Pixel 2’s best feature even better, and it’s available right now originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 5 Dec 2017 at 13:12:46 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.