And now it’s official – the guy once over Facebook’s News Feed will now lead Instagram
It was widely expected, and now it's official. Adam Mosseri, the guy once in charge of Facebook's algorithmically-powered, fake news-packed, enigmatic News Feed, is getting a promotion from Instagram VP to taking charge of the photo-sharing app altogether following the sudden departure of its founders.
We told you last week that with Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger gone, Instagram was most certainly poised to turn into Facebook 2.0, and today's news (you could argue) makes that all but official. From Instagram's announcement about the leadership news: "In his role leading Instagram, Adam will oversee all functions of the business and will recruit a new executive team including a head of engineering, head of product and head of operations."
BGR Top Deals:
- Cable companies are furious that we’re telling everyone about this $50 box
- Add a gigabit Ethernet port to any room in 5 seconds with this $50 device
Trending Right Now:
- Yet another Marvel star confirms her character survived ‘Avengers: Infinity War’
- The Solo 5 is a Bose sound bar you can actually afford
- Today’s best deals: World’s strongest coffee, Harmony Hub bundle, Instant Pot, $21 Wi-Fi extender, more
And now it’s official – the guy once over Facebook’s News Feed will now lead Instagram originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 1 Oct 2018 at 21:01:27 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.