Amazon’s best-selling carbon monoxide detector was found to be defective – get this one instead
Our posts from the BGR Deals team always save you money, but this one might save your life. The Topolek GEHS007AW CO alarm was an Amazon best-seller used in tens of thousands of homes across the country, but it has been pulled from the site and is no longer available for sale. Why? Because UK-based consumer advocate Which? ran tests on popular carbon monoxide detectors and found that this model failed to detect gas in a whopping 80% of tests. If you have this model, you need to replace it immediately. Get the First Alert CO605 Carbon Monoxide Plug-In Alarm with Battery Backup instead. It's discounted right now on Amazon for less than $23, so you have no excuse to leave your family unprotected.
Here are more details from the product page:
- Plugs into any outlet and features battery backup for continuous monitoring of CO levels
- Loud 85-decibel alarm sounds when CO levels are elevated
- Single test/silence button for simple operation
- 7-year Limited Warranty
BGR Top Deals:
- Get the wireless charger that should’ve come with your phone for $13
- The hottest new security camera on Amazon only costs $38 with 14 days of free cloud storage
Trending Right Now:
- ARM-based Windows PCs and Macs are coming, and they’ll be incredibly powerful
- Bloomberg report reveals three new Apple products launching next year
- The feature everyone wanted on the iPhone X is coming to Samsung’s Galaxy S10
Amazon’s best-selling carbon monoxide detector was found to be defective – get this one instead originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 25 Jun 2018 at 11:11:51 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.