If you pay for Amazon Prime month-to-month rather than on a yearly basis, your budget is about to take a hit. On Friday, the online retailer announced that the monthly subscription fee for the Prime service will increase from $10.99 to $12.99 -- a jump of 18% -- effective immediately. The price of the student monthly plan is also being bumped up from $5.49 to $6.49, but the annual Prime membership will stay the same at $99 a year.
BGR Top Deals:
- ‘Amazon’s Choice’ robot vacuum just dropped to its lowest price ever
- 5 smartwatches to check out if you don’t want an Apple Watch
Trending Right Now:
- Google’s secret OS that may someday replace Android was just caught on video
- Samsung found a way to kill the iPhone X notch, but Apple already has a better solution
- T-Mobile calls out other networks’ 5G ‘hype,’ but it’s the worst of all
Amazon raises monthly Prime subscription price from $10.99 to $12.99 originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 19 Jan 2018 at 09:25:09 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.