Amazon Prime is getting more expensive
During its Q1 2018 earnings call, Amazon CFO Brian Olsavsky told reporters that Amazon is increasing the price of its annual subscription from $99 per year to $119 per year. The new pricing will apply to all annual renewals starting June 16th and all new subscriptions starting May 11th, so right now would be a really great time to re-up your subscription if you're an annual member.
Amazon increased the price of its monthly subscription earlier this year, taking it from $10.99 per month to $12.99 per month. Today's increase to the annual Prime membership makes the pricing a little closer to the monthly cost, but customers are still saving substantially by subscribing to the annual membership rather than monthly.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today’s top deals: Wireless keyboard that never needs charging, 200GB microSD, $95 sound bar, more
- There’s a 360-degree wireless security camera hiding in this LED light bulb
Trending Right Now:
- 10 best deals in Best Buy’s surprise four-day sale
- As an iPhone user, there are two things that make me jealous of Android
- Amazon just quietly confirmed the Fire TV Cube, a next-gen streaming device