To say that Amazon had an incredibly successful 2017 would be something of an understatement. Not only did its share price increase by a whopping 57% year over year, the tech giant saw significant gains in its Prime service. Just last week, Amazon disclosed that the 2017 holiday shopping season was its best yet and that the company tallied more than 4 million new Prime subscribers in just one week. What's more, Amazon recently revealed that "more new paid members joined Prime worldwide than any previous year." And as a point of interest, Amazon shipped more than 5 billion items via Prime over the past 12 months.
With 2017 now firmly in the rear view, and with Prime subscriptions surging, Amazon earlier today revealed a number of interesting, quirky, and fascinating tidbits about the items and media content Prime users enjoyed most over the past 12 months. For example, the items most commonly purchased via Amazon Prime include the Echo Dot, Amazon's Fire TV Stick, and Amazon Basic Cables.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today’s top deals: $139 Sonos Play:1, Bose sound bar, Fire TV QWERTY keyboard, Soylent sale, more
- These $24 wireless earbuds sound better than $159 AirPods
Trending Right Now:
- Forget the ‘boring’ Galaxy S9, there’s a cheaper alternative available right now
- Researchers just accidentally found an effective Alzheimer’s treatment while trying to cure diabetes
- How to take advantage of Apple’s $29 iPhone battery replacement program right now
Amazon just revealed the most popular Prime items of 2017 originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 2 Jan 2018 at 12:54:11 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.