Amazon and Google want their smart speakers in your home, no matter how much it costs them
Amazon and Google are fierce enemies in a new business: Smart speakers. Amazon’s Echo has a clear lead on Google Home, and Apple’s HomePod delay is helping both companies sell even more smart speakers.
But the two companies aren't looking to make any real profits right now. Instead, they’re fighting for market share, hoping that they’ll be able to retain customers and then sell them other products or turn a profit on search data.
BGR Top Deals:
- I’ll never go back to watching TV without this $14 accessory
- Today’s best deals: $15 Bluetooth earbuds, $25 home security cam, perfect egg cooker, Sonos, more
Trending Right Now:
- Galaxy S9 shown powered on in flood of freshly leaked photos
- Science just proved that you can spot a sick person without knowing they’re sick
- Severe Intel security issue may impact all Macs and Windows PCs
Amazon and Google want their smart speakers in your home, no matter how much it costs them originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 3 Jan 2018 at 22:03:20 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.