Amazon and Google make nine of the ten most popular smart speaker models in the US
If you ranked the most popular smart speaker models in the US based on the tech companies that make them, you get a list dominated almost exclusively by just two companies: Amazon and Google. That's according to the results of a new survey of smart speaker users conducted by the firm Strategy Analytics in July and August. It was a poll of 1,011 people and showed, not surprisingly, the resilient popularity of Amazon's Echo speaker (which has a roughly 23 percent market share among the installed base of smart speakers in the US), as well as Google trying to elbow its way up the rankings, too.
The results show the Echo and Google's Home speaker occupy the top eight slots on a list of the ten most popular speaker models. The outlier is Apple's HomePod, in the number nine spot, with a 4 percent market share. That's slightly down from a Strategy Analytics estimate published a couple of months ago claiming Apple had a roughly 6 percent share of the market of around 50 million installed speakers in the US.
BGR Top Deals:
- This best-selling $38 security camera has features a $200 Nest Cam can’t even dream of
- Did you know that Bose makes a sound bar you can actually afford?
Trending Right Now:
- A Marvel star just dropped a huge ‘Avengers 4’ spoiler
- Pixel 3 XL vs. iPhone XS Max speed test results are pretty embarrassing
- Renders show off Apple’s completely new iPad Pro design ahead of next week’s event
Amazon and Google make nine of the ten most popular smart speaker models in the US originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 22 Oct 2018 at 18:35:51 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.