Almost a quarter of Android owners are planning to switch to iPhone
Over the past few years, Apple's iPhone lineup has consistently accounted for the majority of profits across the smartphone industry. Still, there's no denying that Apple's share of the smartphone market pales in comparison to Android. In light of this, Apple in recent years has made a concerted effort to lure away loyal Android users. Just a few months ago, for instance, Apple began rolling out a series of ads designed to highlight the benefits of the iPhone and the iOS ecosystem relative to Android.
While it's hard to gauge how successful Apple's marketing efforts have been in this regard, there is evidence that more affordable iPhone models are in fact prompting some Android users to jump ship. To wit, a Consumer Intelligence Research Partners (CIRP) report from this past June relayed that many Android to iPhone switchers were motivated by more affordable models, with the iPhone SE being an attractive lure.
BGR Top Deals:
- Fire TV Stick refurbs are on sale for just $25, today only
- Charge your new Apple Watch Series 4 (or any other model) on the go for $40
Trending Right Now:
- Google didn’t even announce the one Pixel 3 feature that will make everyone want the phone
- Marvel star teases return to ‘Avengers 4’ despite her heartbreaking ‘Infinity War’ death
- The real ‘Avengers 4’ title may have leaked, but we all missed it
Almost a quarter of Android owners are planning to switch to iPhone originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 10 Oct 2018 at 16:17:47 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.