Airbnb invited people to spend a night in the Great Wall of China, but forgot to ask China first
The Great Wall of China is often considered to be one of the wonders of the modern world. It's an incredible accomplishment in engineering and construction, and it holds a lot of cultural significance for the people of China. Airbnb recently planned to celebrate (or exploit?) the wall's iconic nature by inviting people to enter a contest for the opportunity to spend a night inside one of the wall's many towers. China is apparently not happy about that.
According to Airbnb, the company had applied for permission to hold what it called a "residential lodging event" in one of the historic towers. The company claims it received the thumbs up from the powers that be and that's when it began planning and promoting the event. China says it doesn't know what Airbnb is talking about. Oops!
BGR Top Deals:
- Beats Solo3 wireless headphones are back down to their lowest price ever
- Your cable company will hate you as much as you hate them after you get this $39 box
Trending Right Now:
- Avengers 4: New evidence may reveal how the Infinity War deaths will be undone
- There’s an alternate ‘Infinity War’ ending that would have ruined ‘Avengers 4’
- Galaxy Note 9 vs. last year’s iPhone X: Benchmark scores tell a very sad tale
Airbnb invited people to spend a night in the Great Wall of China, but forgot to ask China first originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 10 Aug 2018 at 16:58:21 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.