AI bots from a lab backed by Elon Musk trained for thousands of lifetimes to beat humans at Dota 2
It's game on for OpenAI, the research initiative co-founded by Elon Musk that has been setting its AI bots against amateur Dota 2 players and winning.
Next up, OpenAI will be challenging the top players of the arena battle game at the Dota 2 tournament The International, described by The Verge as the biggest annual event on the e-sports calendar. Indeed, professional and highly motivated gamers train year-round to get a shot at Dota's annual $40 million prize pool.
BGR Top Deals:
- The hot new 50-inch 4K Fire TV that costs just $399.99 is now available on Amazon
- Get the wireless charger that should’ve come with your phone for $13
Trending Right Now:
- The feature everyone wanted on the iPhone X is coming to Samsung’s Galaxy S10
- Mysterious and exciting new Galaxy Note 9 features tipped by top leaker
- 8 paid iPhone apps you can download for free today
AI bots from a lab backed by Elon Musk trained for thousands of lifetimes to beat humans at Dota 2 originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 25 Jun 2018 at 15:57:38 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.