Apple has stubbornly refused to update the MacBook Air in any meaningful way for the last three years, leaving us with an "entry-level" $999 laptop with a woefully outdated screen and body design. If you're thinking about buying one, it's probably because you need an affordable computer with great battery life, enough power to handle documents and web browsing, and a body thin enough to slip into a laptop bag.
Unfortunately for Apple, that perfectly describes Acer's new Chromebook Spin 11 convertible. Acer's new Chromebook hits all those points, but it does it for $350, rather than $999.
BGR Top Deals:
- $28 power strip has four outlets that can be controlled individually with Alexa
- This $75 all-in-one smart home solution is so small you won’t even know it’s there
Trending Right Now:
- Galaxy S9’s biggest hardware change shown in new leaked photos
- Apple reportedly plans to discontinue the first-gen iPhone X later this year
- Scientists discover how deadly centipede toxin tricks the heart into stopping cold
Acer’s new $350 Chromebook is the MacBook Air successor we all need originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 23 Jan 2018 at 20:22:17 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.