As any recent transplant to New York City can tell you, smartphone apps are vital for finding your way around the city until you get a hang of the subway system. Google Maps is already one of the best options for navigating via the bus or the train, but according to a report from TechCrunch, it might get even better in the near future.
According to TechCrunch, Google will soon add real-time updates for public transit journeys on Google Maps. These updates will appear within the app when you have it open as well as on the lock screen during your trip.
BGR Top Deals:
- This $19 device gives your Fire TV a huge speed boost
- Meet the wireless keyboard that never needs to be recharged
Trending Right Now:
- New app actually lets you use iMessage on Android phones
- Ancient mummy gets CT scan after 2,000 years, is diagnosed with cancer
- Scientists obtain Tasmanian Tiger genome, and might even bring it back from extinction
A new Google Maps feature will make sure you never miss your bus or train stop originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 11 Dec 2017 at 22:02:58 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.