A hurricane literally wiped this tiny Hawaiian island off the map
When a hurricane rolls ashore here in the United States we see devastation in the form of buildings toppled, incredible flooding, and the collapse of infrastructure. Depending on the strength of the storm, the severity of the damage ranges from being a mild nuisance to an utter catastrophe, but there's always land left to rebuild on. That's unfortunately not the case for Hawaii's tiny East Island.
The pint-sized stretch of sand and foliage has been claimed by the sea after being run over by Hurricane Walaka as it powered pasted Hawaii a few weeks ago. As the Guardian reports, newly-released satellite images reveal that there's literally nothing left of the island.
BGR Top Deals:
- Exclusive deal: Smart LEDs as good as $50 Philips Hue bulbs are only $15 today
- It’s never been cheaper to upgrade the headlights on any car to LEDs
Trending Right Now:
- iPhone XS and XR update to enable eSIM is coming tomorrow
- Costco Black Friday 2018 ad leaks: Cheap iPad, Xbox, and laptop deals
- Amazon’s running a rare sale on home security cameras with crazy 2-year battery life
A hurricane literally wiped this tiny Hawaiian island off the map originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 29 Oct 2018 at 14:10:54 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.