A baby was just born in China four years after his parents both died
A baby born was born in December of last year in China, but his biological parents passed away several years before he was even conceived. As the BBC reports, the boy's birth is the culmination of a years-long legal battle fought by his grandparents to use frozen embryos that were put into storage by the couple.
The man and woman both died in a car crash in 2013, but prior to their deaths they had planned on one day having a child through in vitro fertilization, or IVF. Fertilized embryos from the couple were in storage at a nearby hospital, and while there were no legal guidelines in place to determine ownership of the embryos, the parents of both individuals fought for the right to have one of the embryos brought to term.
BGR Top Deals:
- 10 hottest upcoming Nintendo Switch games you can preorder right now
- Yes, you can get free network TV without sticking an ugly antenna on your window
Trending Right Now:
- Google either just revealed the name of Android P, or trolled everyone
- Galaxy S9 owners are complaining about a big problem with the phone’s best feature
- 10 paid iPhone apps that are free downloads today
A baby was just born in China four years after his parents both died originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 13 Apr 2018 at 14:28:04 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.