If you only use smartphones and tablets when you’re home, you’re stuck with Wi-Fi for better or worse. If you work from home though, or if you have a desktop or laptop that you use for streaming or anything else, Wi-Fi is holding you back. Amazon is selling D-Link Gigabit PowerLine Adapter Kits right now for just $40, and these little boxes truly are amazing. Plug one box into any standard outlet near your router and the other one in any standard outlet near your computer. Presto — you’ve just transformed the electrical wiring in your house into lightning-fast Ethernet.
Here are some key notes from the product page:
- High speed up to 1000 Mbps, Home Plug AV2 compliant
- Great companion with Smart TV, game consoles, media players, and etc
- Perfect for 4K HD video streaming and gaming
- Able to connect multiple adapters to expand wired network through the home
- 1 Gigabit Port
- Plug and play
BGR Top Deals:
- The best-selling over-ear Bluetooth headphones on Amazon dropped to $33
- $10 adapter replaces your entire socket wrench set
Trending Right Now:
- There’s a chance Apple kills the 5.8-inch OLED iPhone for real this year
- This $37 borescope camera connects to your phone wirelessly and snakes its way into anything
- We’re not sure how, but Amazon’s insanely good Logitech Harmony deal is back in stock
$40 kit transforms your wall outlets into gigabit Ethernet jacks in 5 seconds originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 26 Jan 2018 at 08:20:47 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.