Everyone knows that wired internet connections are much faster and more reliable than even the best Wi-Fi on the planet. The problem, of course, is that running cat6 cable through your house so you can install Ethernet ports is very expensive. What you may not be aware of, however, is that the regular old power lines that are already running through your home can deliver internet that’s just as fast and reliable as cat6. Check out the D-Link PowerLine AV2 1000 Gigabit Starter Kit. Just plug in one box next to your modem and the other near your computer or whichever device you’d like to connect. That’s it — the powerline adapters connect using regular Ethernet cable!
Here’s what you need to know from the product page:
- High speed up to 1000 Mbps, Home Plug AV2 compliant
- Great companion with Smart TV, game consoles, media players, and etc
- Perfect for 4K HD video streaming and gaming
- Able to connect multiple adapters to expand wired network through the home
- 1 Gigabit Port
- Plug and play
BGR Top Deals:
- Today’s best deals: Nest Cam, $25 Alexa speaker, Bose, Sonos, 128GB microSD, Fitbit Ionic, more
- Everyone who owns a Roku Stick or a Fire TV Stick should have this $6 accessory
Trending Right Now:
- Leak shows Galaxy S9 will be Samsung’s most powerful phone ever, but it’s still no iPhone X
- Samsung just launched a budget phone that brings good news for the Galaxy S9
- There may be a volcano forming under New England, scientists warn
$40 device adds gigabit Ethernet to your house without having to install anything or run cables originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 20 Dec 2017 at 10:12:47 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.