10 seconds and $50 is all it takes to add gigabit Ethernet to your house
Using a mesh wireless system like Google Wifi or our favorite AmpliFi HD, you’ll enjoy fast data speeds and great coverage. Of course, no wireless connection will ever be as consistently fast or as reliable as a wired internet connection, but running cable and installing Ethernet ports in your home can cost a fortune. Check out the TP-LINK TL-PA7010 PowerLine Gigabit Kit, which uses any regular power lines and wall outlets you already have in your house to deliver gigabit internet. Plug in one box next to your router and another near your target computer, connect them using normal Ethernet cable, and you’re done!
Here are some key details from the product page:
- Home Plug AV2, up to 1000Mbps over existing electrical wiring for seamless 4K HD video streaming and online gaming
- 1-Port Gigabit Ethernet port connects devices like smart TVs, game consoles, and PCs to your network
- Plug and Play with no configuration required
- Patented Power-Saving Mode automatically reduces power consumption by up to 85%
BGR Top Deals:
- These $24 wireless earbuds sound better than $159 AirPods
- Today’s top deals: $139 Sonos Play:1, Bose sound bar, Fire TV QWERTY keyboard, Soylent sale, more
Trending Right Now:
- Severe Intel security issue may impact all Macs and Windows PCs
- Niagara Falls is coated in ice and looks absolutely insane right now
- Researchers just accidentally found an effective Alzheimer’s treatment while trying to cure diabetes
10 seconds and $50 is all it takes to add gigabit Ethernet to your house originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 3 Jan 2018 at 08:20:37 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.