With affordable prices and competitive specs, OnePlus has carved out a niche for itself in recent years. Even having hit a few rough patches along the way, the independent smartphone manufacturer has seen repeated success, most recently with the OnePlus 5T, which served as a mid-cycle upgrade for the OnePlus 5.
But as a small company, OnePlus runs into issues that other, larger manufacturers don't have to deal with. One such issue was discussed on the OnePlus forums last week, when a customer noted that, like the original OnePlus 5, the 5T does not support Widevine DRM Level 1, which is required for streaming HD video on many services.
BGR Top Deals:
- This $19 device gives your Fire TV a huge speed boost
- Meet the wireless keyboard that never needs to be recharged
Trending Right Now:
- New app actually lets you use iMessage on Android phones
- Ancient mummy gets CT scan after 2,000 years, is diagnosed with cancer
- Scientists finally know why meteors explode just before hitting Earth
OnePlus 5 and 5T can’t stream Netflix or Amazon Prime Video in HD originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 11 Dec 2017 at 18:53:27 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.