Drones? Pfffff, quadcopters are old news. They’re great if you want to spend thousands of dollars on a professional-grade model that you use for high-resolution aerial video recording or something. But if you’re just looking to have some fun, we’ve got a great alternative to your run-of-the-mill drones that you’ll definitely want to check out. The PowerUp 3.0 Smartphone Controlled Paper Airplane is exactly what it sounds like, a motor-powered paper airplane that you can actually fly around and control with your phone! It’s a ton of fun, and it can fly for up to 10 minutes per charge, which is comparable to similarly priced quadcopters.
Here are some key details from the product page:
- The world’s first remote controlled paper airplane conversion kit has a 180 feet/ 55 meter range and a crash-resistant design
- Contains Bluetooth Smart Technology controlled by your smartphone (check compatible models below)
- Special template paper to ensure easy folding and flying spare, micro USB cable for charging, spare propeller and rudder
- Control by tilting smartphone or tablet right or left for maneuvering and ascend or descend using the throttle lever
- Features battery level indicator charging status indicator and range indicators and an Air Traffic Control attribute
Trending right now: