Alexa-enabled smart plugs are fantastic, since they let you control "dumb" devices as if they were smart, connected devices. Anyone can control a Hue light bulb or a Nest thermostat with Alexa. But what about things like lamps without $40+ smart bulbs, or fans and coffee makers? That’s where smart plugs come in. They connect to your wall outlet and then your devices plug into them, and they can cut power or allow it to pass through as you command. The smallest smart plug out there is the Etekcity Mini Smart Plug, and now it’s also the cheapest thanks to a limited-time Amazon sale on a 2-pack.
Here are some key details from the product page:
- ALEXA, MEET YOUR NEW OUTLET: With the free VeSync app, program multiple smart outlets to your phone, so different devices at home are right at your fingertip. Also works with Amazon Alexa Echo. When configuring, it only supports a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network and it can support both 2.4GHz and 5GHz WiFi, even the celluar data when using
- EXPERTLY MANAGE HOME: Customize the way you run your home. Schedule when your WiFi wall outlets turn on/off so you can get on with living
- SAVE ENERGY: Scheduling your outlets at home can eliminate wasteful use of your electricity, and help you save on bills! Your devices can in turn last longer. The VeSync app can track how much power each device uses, and how often it is used
- ALL WITHIN REACH: Instead of reaching for outlets and plugs every time, centralize control to your smartphone or tablet via the VeSync app anytime you have a Wi-Fi connection. Ideal for hard-to-reach appliances & devices without ON/OFF switches
- LOW STANDBY POWER CONSUMPTION: After a power outage, outlets will retain their most recent setting to save energy. Does not work with Google Home, Smarthing, Homekit, or IFTTT. Do not exceed the maximum load current of 10A (approximately 1200W). 2-year warranty
Trending right now: