Apple Pay has added numerous new banks and credit unions to its support rolls in the US, UK, Italy, Russia, and China.
The new financial institutions in the U.S. include:
- Almena State Bank
- American Bank & TrustCompany N.A.
- Associated SchoolEmployees Credit Union
- Bank of Star Valley
- Bofl Federal Bank
- Caprock Federal Credit Union
- Central Bank (AR)
- Central National Bank ofPoteau
- City First Bank
- Continential Finance Co.
- Evolve Bank & Trust
- Farmers State Bank (NE)
- Farmers State Bank (TX)
- Fifth District Savings Bank
- Fire Police City CountyFederal Credit Union
- First National Bank & TrustCompany of Weatherford
- First Oklahoma Bank
- Fond du Lac Credit Union
- Kansas State UniversityFederal Credit Union
- Liberty Bank
- MidWestOne Bank
- Revere Municipal EmployeesFederal Credit Union
- Security First Bank
- Security State Bank
- Stone Bank
- UBI Federal Credit Union
- WesBanco Bank Inc.
International additions are:
- AIB in Ireland
- American Express in Italy
- bank Round, Beeline Card, Credit Union, Kykyryza, and Promsvyazbank in Russia
- Starling Bank in the UK
- Guilin Bank, Hunan Rural Credit Cooperative, JinCheng Bank, Shanghai Rural Commercial Bank, Sichuan Rural Credit Union, SiChuan TianFu Bank, and Yibin City Commercial Bank in China
Adding Your Credit or Debit Card to Apple Pay
Users can add their credit or debit card to Apple Pay, by doing the following:
- iPhone users running iOS 10 can go to the Wallet app and tap the “+” icon in the upper right-hand corner to begin, and then just follow the prompts. Users of iPads with Touch ID can add a card to the service to use in apps by going into “Settings” -> “Wallet & Apple Pay” to add a card there.
- Apple Watch users will need to enter the Watch app on their iPhone, Tap on the “Wallet & Apple Pay” option, and then tap the “Add Credit or Debit Card” option.
Apple Pay will boast a new set of features when iOS 11 and watchOS 4 are released to the public later this year.
A new “Person to Person” payment feature will allow users to send money to friends and family via iMessage.
Apple Pay Cash is a virtual debit card that accessible in the Wallet app, and will hold the money received via Person to Person electronic transfers. The money can be withdrawn to your bank account or used to make payment for goods and services at retailers that accept Apple Pay.
(List via 9to5Mac)