Insteon has been a leader in the smart home market since… well… since the smart home market first came to be. The company is known for its no-frills gadgets that are simple, sleek, and above all reliable. Enter the Alexa-enabled Insteon Thermostat, which looks just like any other unassuming thermostat. Unlike the old box on your wall now, however, this thermostat can be controlled by Alexa.
If you want something fancy and trendy, the Nest Learning Thermostat is a terrific option. It also costs nearly $250. If you’d rather save some money but still be able to control your heating and air conditioning with Alexa skills, check out the Insteon Thermostat, which is just $75 right now on Amazon.
Here are some key details from the product page:
- Works with Amazon Alexa for voice control (hub required, Alexa device and Insteon hub sold separately)
- Save money on energy bills by remotely controlling and programming your thermostat
- Program settings for 7 days, including daily, weekdays, weekends and individual days
- Works with heat/cool systems, including advanced 2-stage systems
- All settings preserved through power failures in non-volatile memory
Trending right now:
- You won’t have to wait until November to buy Apple’s next-gen iPhone 8
- Exclusive: The world’s first look at Apple’s final iPhone 8 design in real life
- Russian spaceflight director thinks Elon Musk is out of his mind