For those looking to get Kodi for their new Apple TV 4, there is a way to do so. In this guide, we will teach you how to put the pre-alpha version of Kodi on your set-top box.
Users can now get Kodi without having to jailbreak their Apple TV, which is pretty cool. In this guide, we will teach you how to install Kodi on your new Apple TV running tvOS. But, before jumping into the process, you will need to make sure that you have a free Apple developer account, and a USB Type-C cable.
How To Install Kodi On The Apple TV 4:
- Step 1: You will need to download the latest kodi.deb file and the iOS App Signer, which both will need to be saved to the desktop, and you will need to unzip the iOS App Signer and make sure that you have Xcode 7 installed
- Step 2: Simply connect your Apple TV to your Mac using a USB Type-C cable
- Step 3: Open Xcode > go to Create a new Xcode Project > choose Application under tvOS > Single View Application, and hit next
- Step 4: Inside the Product name field, type in a unique name and click Next > Create
- Step 5: Below the Team drop down box, choose your personal team, and select the Fix Issue button to resolve provisioning issues. You will need to make sure that you are signed into Xcode with a free Apple developer account
- Step 6: Make sure that your Apple TV is selected in the destination menu at the top of your screen. You can also click Product > Destination, and pick Apple TV
- Step 7: Minimize Xcode and open up the iOS App Signer
- Step 8: Hit Browse on the iOS app Signer and select the “Kodi.deb nighlty file” from the desktop
- Step 9: Select your Apple ID in the iOS App Signer’s Signing Certificate box
- Step 10: Choose the Project name or bundle identifier you just created in Xcode in IOS App Signer’s Provisioning Profile box
- Step 11: Hit Start in the bottom right corner of the iOS App Signer, and the .IPA file for Kodi will be building and saved to the desktop
- Step 12: Open Xcode > Window > Devices and choose the Apple TV
- Step 13: Select the Plus (or +) sign and pick the .IPA file from the desktop and click Open. Kodi will be deployed to your Apple TV
- Step 14: Once done, you should see the Kodi app on your Apple TV’s Home screen.
And that’s basically it to this guide. With that said, you can now enjoy the pre-alpha version of Kodi on your Apple TV 4.
Come comment on this article: Here’s How To Install Kodi On The Apple TV 4