If you’re running into problems trying to launch Outlook on your Mac, and you keep receiving an error message telling you that it “can’t upgrade your database” when launching Outlook, then we have a method that just might help you out.
The first Outlook error message that will pop up before users receive the “Outlook can’t upgrade your database” error, is a message asking users to “Please upgrade the Outlook database.” After clicking off of that error message you will be brought to the second message. In addition, if users are still receiving this error message after using a configured Outlook installation for some time, you will need to follow the steps below.
Here’s How To Fix The Outlook Error Message On Your Mac:
- Step 1: Go to the Application’s folder and right-click on the Outlook app and choose Show Package Contents.
- Step 2: Open Contents>ShareSupport and open the Outlook Profile Manager
- Step 3: Click the + button and add a new profile
- Step 4: Go to the config button and set the new profile to default
- Step 5: Launch Outlook, and the app should launch normally, and allow you to configure and set-up accounts.
For more information about this, you can visit Microsoft’s official support page for managing profiles and error messages.
Come comment on this article: Here’s How To Fix Error Messages When Launching OutLook On Mac