Adobe today released a new version of Photoshop Lightroom for iOS with new features for the latest iPhones and iPads. iPhone 6s and 6s Plus users can now enjoy new 3D Touch Quick Actions from the Lightroom icon, and the latest version has been optimized for iPad Pro and enhanced to support iOS 9 multitasking features. The update also introduces a Notification Center widget plus new editing tools as well.
Deep pressing on the updated Lightroom iOS app icon now reveals a new 3D Touch Quick Action to launch right into the camera for taking a fresh shot. Adobe has also added Peek and Pop interactions on 3D Touch iPhones that let you preview and open photos when viewing them from the grid. Press a thumbnail firmly to preview it, then press a bit harder to open it all the way.
The iPad version of Lightroom for iOS has been optimized for the new iPad Pro‘s 12.9″ Retina display to leverage the power and size of Apple’s latest tablet. And with those optimizations come support for iOS 9’s multitasking features including Split View and Slide Over.
That means you can run Lightroom next to other updated Adobe apps including Sketch which works with Apple Pencil,Comp, or any other Split View apps. Slide Over lets you peek into Lightroom from any iPad app. Both features allow you to create new workflows using the app on iOS.
The update also includes a Notification Center widget and new photo editing features that Lightroom users will enjoy as well:
• New: Shoot-through Presets. Apply one of five new, specially formulated presets while capturing a photo from the Adobe in-app camera. Preview how the presets will be applied to your photo before you capture, and enjoy the freedom of adjusting settings after capture with full non-destructive capabilities. Shoot-through presets are available for 64-bit devices only, such as iPhone 5s and later and iPad Air and later.
• Enhanced: Tone Curve – Point Curve Mode. Now, take color control to the next level with a full function Tone Curve tool, enabling access to RGB as well as individual red, green and blue color channels in your photo.
• New: Split Tone adjustments. Create a distinctive look to your photos by applying a color tone to the highlights or shadows, or to replicate the look of a split-toned black and white photo.
• New: Notification Center widget. Get instant access to the Adobe in-app camera by enabling the Lightroom for mobile Notification Center widget. Automatically launch the in-app camera with a single swipe down.
• Enhanced: Usability improvements throughout the app. Add photos to multiple collections easier, import photos faster, improved gesture support, and more, get you quickly organizing, creating, and sharing amazing images anywhere you are.
You can grab Lightroom for iOS 2.1 for free on the App Store and try a 30-day trial to test it out.
Filed under: Apps Tagged: 3D Touch, Adobe, iPad Pro, Lightroom, Photoshop, Photoshop Lightroom, Split View